Question: I just got a new Mac computer and installed EndNote X7.5 in my new Mac. But I do not see the EndNote add-on tool in Word. How can I make the tool available?
Answer: The simplest way to make the tools appear is to open EndNote, and go to the EndNote menu. Select “Customizer” from the EndNote menu. Check the box next to “Cite While You Write”. Click next until the Customizer is finished. Open a library. Then open Word and check the Tools menu for the EndNote submenu.
If the instructions above do not make the the add-on appear in the Tools menu, then follow the steps below:
- Close Word and EndNote.
- Open your hard drive and go to the following folder:
- EndNote X7: Applications:EndNote X7:Cite While You Write.
- Copy the file “EndNote CWYW Word 2011.bundle”.
- Go to the folder Applications > Microsoft Office 2011 > Office > Startup > Word, and then paste the file.
- Start EndNote and then start Word.
Filed under: Uncategorized