August 17, 2015 – Yingting Zhang
Question: Today, the Microsoft Word software crashed on my desktop computer. After restarting the computer, the EndNote add-in ribbon is missing from the Word menu bar on the top. It is now disabled. I tried “Options” but still do not know how to enable EndNote add-in. Thanks.
Answer: From the screen capture you shared, I noticed that you are using Word 2010. To make your EndNote X7 tab reappear in Word 2010, please follow the steps below:
- Go to File -> Options – Add-Ins.
- At the bottom of the list of Add-Ins, under “Disabled Application Add-Ins”, you should see “EndNote Cite While You Write” Add-in. To re-enable this, go to Manage: (the pull-down menu located at the very bottom of the same screen).
- Change the menu from “COM Add-ins” to “Disabled Items”.
- Click Go, you will see a little pop-up window.
- Click on the “Add-in: cite while you write (endnote cwyw.dll)” and then hit Enable.
- After doing that, close Word as well as all other Office programs and then restart Word. The EndNote Tab should reappear in the Ribbon on the top of the screen.
If you have more questions, please contact your campus librarian for assistance.
Filed under: Uncategorized |