May 21, 2015 – Yingting Zhang
Question: I was searching PEDro (Physiotherapy Evidence Database) and did not know how to export my selected references from that database into my EndNote library?
Answer: At present, there is no direct export option available. But there is a workaround that you can use. Please follow the steps below to import references from PEDro to EndNote:
- Perform a search in PEDro.
- Select the desired references by clicking on Select on the right under the Select Record column. They references will then be marked as Selected.
- On the top of the screen, click on Display Selected Records.
- Once your selected records are in display, on the top of the screen, click Email results to email the selected references to you by typing your email address in the next screen.
- Go to your email inbox, open the email with the subject line called “PEDro search results”, copy the selected records and paste them in a Word document. NOTE: please do not include the other information that is not part of the selected records.
- Save the Word file as .txt format. When the File Conversion pop-up window appears, click in the box next to Insert line breaks if you have selected multiple references.
- Go to your EndNote library, under the File menu, chose Import -> File. Then retrieve the saved .txt file.
- Choose Reference Manager (RIS) as your import option.
- Then click on the Import button. Your references should be placed in your EndNote library.
Should you have any question, please contact me at 732-235-7604 or email@example.com.