December 19, 2014 – Yingting
When someone shares a library with you, you will receive an email stating that “XXX would like to share an EndNote Library with you. By accepting this invitation, you will be able to access all of the references, PDFs, file attachments, and notes in this shared library from your own EndNote X7 desktop application. To accept this invitation and access XXX’s library, you must have the latest version of EndNote X7 (EndNote X7.2) installed.” Clicking the Accept button will prompt you to either log in your EndNote online library or create an EndNote online account if you don’t have one. After that you should follow these steps to open and use the shared library:
- Connect your EndNote Online account to your desktop version of EndNote X7.
- In your EndNote Desktop, under the Preferences menu, select Sync on the left. Then enter the EndNote Account Credentials (email address and password) in the two boxes on the right
- Once connected, go to the File menu and choose Open Shared Library…
- You can now not only read but also edit the shared library by adding or removing references, annotating the PDFs, etc., even if the other shared people are using it at the same time.
- Just to remember that as a shared person, you can only access this library from your desktop. However, the person who shared the library has access to this library on his or her desktop, online, or on iPad.