February 7, 2013 – Yingting
Question: Is it possible to insert a figure from EndNote to a document in Word?
Answer: Yes, it is possible. Below are the steps for you to follow to insert images from your EndNote library to your manuscript in Word:
- First of all, you need to create a Figure reference for the image by choosing New Reference under the Reference menu in EndNote, choosing Figure as reference type and filling out the appropriate fields in the record. Make sure the image is attached to the reference in the Figure field.
- In Word, place the cursor where you would like to insert the image.
- Click EndNote X6 tab in Word. Under the magnifying glass, click on the little down arrow below “Insert Citation”.
- Click “Insert Figure”. At the popup window, find the figure reference you created previously.
- After selecting the Figure reference, click the Insert button.
- “(Figure 1)” should appear where you would like to insert the image in Word. You may repeat the procedure to insert additional images / figures.
- Whether the figures are placed after the paragraph where cited or in a list at the end of the Word document, it depends on what output style you chose. You may change the style at any time.
Hope this helps.