March 28, 2012; Update May 22, 2015 – Yingting
Question: I would like to keep some of the references I found from Cochrane Library in my EndNote Library. Do you know how to do that?
Answer: Please follow the steps below to import the references from Cochrane into EndNote:
- Perform a search in Cochrane Library.
- Select the references that you would like to export.
- Above the search results, click on “Export selected”.
- In the “Choose your export options” box, choose either “PC”, “Unix or Linux”, or “Mac” for Export type depending on what computer you use; choose either “Citation Only” or “Citation And Abstract” for File type.
- Click on the “Export Citation” button. A .txt file will be saved to your computer.
- Open your EndNote library.
- Under the File menu, choose Import –>File. The Import File window pops up.
- In the box next to Import File, retrieve the .txt file you just saved.
- In the box next to Import Option, choose Cochrane Library (Wiley). If it is not shown in the pull-down menu, then click on Other Filters and choose Cochrane Library (Wiley) in the “Choose An Import Filter” pop-up window. You may leave the other two boxes as is.
- Click the Import button. Your desired references will be imported into your library.