May 23, 2011 — Yingting Zhang
Please follow the steps below to enable the “Find Fulltext” feature in EndNote X4 for retrieving full text articles outside the UMDNJ network:
- Download EndNote X4.0.2 from http://www.umdnj.edu/librweb/access/EndNote.html and install it in a computer outside the UMDNJ network.
- From the Edit menu of EndNote program, select Preferences.
- Go to Find Full Text located in about the center of Preferences list on the left.
- In the OpenURL path, enter http://sfx.umdnj.edu/sfxlcl3 . Below that enter the Authentication URL http://libproxy2.umdnj.edu/login?url=http://libraries.umdnj.edu/access/restricted/EndNoteAuthentication.html
- From the References menu, select Find Full Text –> Authenticate … This method allows you to try connecting without starting a Find Full Text search. You should be directed to our UL’s login web page. Log in as indicated on the web page. You are now authenticated for this session of EndNote or until our proxy server times out the connection. Then you still need to specifically select the references. Then under the References menu, click Find Full Text –> Find Full Text … command to begin searching for full text articles.
Ideally, all the articles from our subscribed ejournals will be retrieved. However, it is possible that not all the available articles will be found due to technical glitches. If you have any question, please feel free to contact me at 732-235-7604.