March 23, 2011
The PubMed connection file that shipped with EndNote X4.0.2 for both Windows and Mac uses the full journal name rather than the abbreviated journal name in the Journal field. Our Medline terms list uses the abbreviated journal name, so you will likely want to replace your X4.0.2 PubMed connection file with this copy in order to properly substitute journal names with the terms list. This only applies to EndNote X4.0.2, other versions are not impacted. To properly install this new connection file:
- Download the connection file from the link above and save it somewhere easy to find, such as your Desktop.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to open it in the EndNote software.
- Click the File menu in EndNote and select Save As.
- IMPORTANT: Make sure that the name shows here as PubMed (NLM). You may need to remove the word “Copy” to get it to show exactly correctly. Then, click Save.
- The correct connection file is now installed in EndNote. You can delete the copy that you downloaded.