December 7, 2010 – Yingting
Question: How to Import References from CINAHL (EBSCO) into EndNote X4 for Mac?
Answer: Below are the steps to follow for importing references from EBSCO CINAHL into your EndNote Library in Mac:
- Perform a search in CINAHL
- Select the desired references by clicking “Add to folder” beneath each citation. Note: You can’t select references in a batch but only by adding them one by one to the folder.
- After all the needed references are added to the folder, click “Folder View” on the right column below the yellow header “Folder has items”
- On the upper left corner above the references in Folder View, click in the box next to “Select / deselect all”
- Click Export on the right
- Under “Save citations to a file formatted for:”, click in the radio button next to “Direct Export to End Note … “, then click on the Save button
- In the “Opening delivery” window, click next to “Open with … “ and in the “Choose…” box, locate EndNote X4 by going through the Applications -> EndNote X4 folder -> EndNote X4 program and clicking the Open button.
- Click on the OK button
- The selected references should be automatically added into your EndNote Library