October 29, 2009 – Yingting
The PubMed interface has been changed. The old way of exporting references from PubMed is no longer valid. Here are the steps to export references from the new PubMed:
- Do a search in the new PubMed.
- Select the references you would like to export.
- At the upper right corner of the screen, click Send to or the down arrow next to it.
- Under Choose Destination, click the radio button next to File
- Under Format, choose MEDLINE.
- Then click on the Create File button.
- A pop-up window will appear. Click Save to save it as a txt file.
- In EndNote X3, open the library in which the saved file will be imported.
- Under the File menu, choose Import… to launch the Import pop-up window.
- Choose the txt file just saved for the box next to Import Data File; then choose PubMed (NLM) as Import Option; you may either import all or discard the duplicates.
- In the Text Translation box, leave it to “No Translation”
- Click the Import button; your references will be imported into your chosen library.