October 1, 2009 – Yingting
Question: I accidentally disabled the EndNote X3 tab in Word 2007. How can I make it reappear?
Answer: To re-enable the EndNote Cite While You Write (CWYW) Add-in in Word 2007, you need to follow the following steps:
- Click on the Office button in the upper left corner .
- Under the Office menu, click on “Word Options” at the bottom. A new window will open.
- Click on “Add-ins” on the left NavBar in the Word Options window.
- At the bottom of the list of Add-Ins, under “Disabled Application Add-Ins”, you should see the Cite While You Write Add-in. To re-enable this, go to the Manage: pull-down menu located at the very bottom of the Word Options window. Change the menu from “COM Add-ins” to “Disabled Items”.
- Click Go, you will see a little pop-up window.
- Click on the “Add-in: cite while you write (endnote cwyw.dll)” and then hit Enable.
- After doing that, close Word 2007 as well as all other Office programs and then restart Word2007. The EndNote X3 Tab should reappear in the Ribbon next to the View tab.
Should you have any question, please contact us.