Updated January 3, 2017 (Created: April 29, 2009) – Yingting
If you are affiliated with Rutgers, you are not supposed to be prompted to enter a product key. The Rutgers University Libraries are licensed to provide download access to EndNote for our Rutgers users. If you are eligible and have your NetID, you may click HERE <http://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/EndNote> to download EndNote.
NOTE: NetID is required to download the program. See details at:
DOWNLOAD TIPS FOR ENDNOTE X8 FOR WINDOWS: (to download EndNote for Mac, please contact your campus librarian for help.)
- First save a copy of your current EndNote libraries to a separate location if you haven’t done so.
- Be sure to uninstall any previous version of EndNote.
- Now save the zipped ENX8 file in your local computer.
- Then unzip the file and extract all files which should be placed in a separate folder.
- Make sure the license file and the ENX8Inst file are placed in the same folder.
- Then install the program. It will be automatically installed under c:\program files\EndNote X8
- See more tips at http://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/sites/default/files/health_sciences/EndnoteDownloadTip.pdf.
For more information, please contact your campus librarians for help.