July 30, 2008 – Yingting
Please follow the instructions below to import references from Medline via OvidSP:
- Complete a search in Medline via OvidSP.
- Review your search results and select the desired references by clicking in the box next to the references.
- In the Results Manager box: Under Results, click in the radio box next to Selected Results (you may also enter a range of references in the box beneath it). Under Fields, choose Complete Reference. Under Result Format, choose Direct Export. Note: please do not check the box for “Include Search History”. Under Actions, click on the Save button.
- On the next screen, choose “Export results to Endnote, Procite, or Reference Manager ” and then click on Conintue.
- The Endnote program will then be launched. When the pop-up window named “Select a Reference Library” appears, browse and choose the EndNote library in which you would like to keep the references. Then click on the Open button.
- Once the Open button is clicked, all the selected references will be automatically imported into your EndNote library.
Should you have any questions, please contact your campus librarians for help (see Contact Us folder).