June 20, 2008 – Yingting
To import references from Google Scholar into EndNote (EN X.0.2 higher), users need to configure the Google Scholar preferences first to make the “Import into EndNote” option available in Google Scholar search results. Here are the instructions:
- Go to Google Scholar at http://scholar.google.com.
- Click on the “Scholar Preferences” link on the right next to the “Search” button.
- In the “Bibliography Manager” field, click in the radio button next to “Show links to import citations into” and choose “EndNote” in the drop down menu.
- Then click on the “Save Preferences” button in the lower left corner.
Please follow the instructions below to learn how to import references into EndNote.
- Perform a search in Google Scholar <http://scholar.google.com>
- click on “Import into EndNote” link.
- The File Download window will appear. Click on the “Open” button.
- You will then be prompted to choose an EndNote library to import the selected reference.
- After choosing your library, the reference will be automatically imported in your EndNote library.
For further information, please contact the campus librarians for help (see Contact Us folder on the left).